Leverage the power of Xamarin to create stunning cross-platform and native apps
About This Book
* Helps you get a clear practical understanding of creating professional-grade apps with Xamarin
* Covers Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin Android, and Xamarin iOS
* If you want to transform yourself from an amateur mobile developer into a professional app developer across multiple platforms, then this is the ideal book for you
Who This Book Is For
If you are a mobile developer looking to create interesting and fully featured apps for different platforms, then this book is the ideal solution for you. A basic knowledge of Xamarin and C# programming is assumed
What You Will Learn
* Discover eight different ways to create your own Xamarin applications
* Improve app performance by using SQLite for data-intensive applications
* Set up a simple web service to feed JSON data into mobile applications
* Store files locally with Xamarin.Forms using dependency services
* Use Xamarin extension libraries to create effective applications with less coding
Do you want to create powerful, efficient, and independent apps from scratch that will leverage the Xamarin framework and code with C#? Well, look no further; you've come to the right place!
This is a learn-as-you-build practical guide to building eight full-fledged applications using Xamarin.Forms, Xamarin Android, and Xamarin iOS.
Each chapter includes a project, takes you through the process of building applications (such as a gallery Application, a text-to-speech service app, a GPS locator app, and a stock market app), and will show you how to deploy the application's source code to a Google Cloud Source Repository. Other practical projects include a chat and a media-editing app, as well as other examples fit to adorn any developer's utility belt.
In the course of building applications, this book will teach you how to design and prototype professional-grade applications implementing performance and security considerations.
Style and approach
A project-based approach that will solve all your needs when it comes to creating native Android, iOS, and cross-platform apps efficiently and effectively.
- 2016 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.