Asperger Syndrome and Employment
Employment is an important part of a healthy, balanced and fulfilling life but less than 20 per cent of people with Asperger Syndrome (AS) are in work at any one time. The adults with AS in this book explore the issues surrounding employment, providing advice and insights for others with AS, as well as their employers and colleagues.
Drawing on personal experience and lessons learned, Asperger Syndrome and Employment looks at:
* the transition from education to employment,
* the importance of matching skills to career choices,
* practical coping strategies for employees with AS in the workplace,
* advice for employers, including the need to make `reasonable adjustments' to avoid discrimination,
* ways in which employment services ought to work for people with AS.
This is essential reading for adults with AS, their family and friends, employment services and career advisers, and companies needing to know how, in practical terms, to accommodate employees with AS.
- 2008 Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.