STAT2 offers students who have taken AP Statistics or a typical introductory statistics college level course to learn more sophisticated concepts and the tools with which to apply them.
The authors' primary goal is to help students gain facility in the use of common statistical models. The text instructs students on working with models where the response variable is either quantitative or categorical and predictors (or explanatory factors) are quantitative or categorical (or both). The chapters are grouped to consider models based on the type of response and type of predictors.
After completing a course with STAT2 students should be able to:
1. Choose the appropriate statistical model for a particular problem.
2. Know the conditions that are typically required when fitting various models.
3. Assess whether or not the conditions for a particular model are reasonably met for a specific dataset. 4. Have some strategies for dealing with data when the conditions for a standard model are not met.
5. Use the appropriate model to make appropriate inferences.
- 2013 W. H. Freeman and Company
- Book Quality:
- Macmillan Learning
- Date of Addition:
- Mathematics and Statistics,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.