Evidence-based Practice for Nurses and Healthcare Professionals
In the current healthcare climate, it is more important than ever to be able to select and find the right evidence for your practice to ensure patients receive safe, high quality care. The fully updated new edition of this comprehensive book helps nurses and healthcare professionals understand how to use evidence in all aspects of care, with plenty of examples and activities to help relate concepts to practice. The new edition features:
* Explanation of what values-based practice means and how it fits alongside evidence-based practice
* A new chapter on innovation and improvement to help you make a difference in your practice
* Even more examples from a range of professions to understand how different professions work together
* Learning features to make it easier to learn, including word puzzles, chapter summaries and a glossary
It is essential reading for all pre-qualifying and qualified nursing and allied health students who are exploring evidence-based practice for the first time.
Janet Barker was formerly Associate Professor of Nursing at the University of Nottingham. Paul Linsley and Ros Kane are both Principal Lecturers at the University of Lincoln.
- 2016 Janet Barker, Paul Linsley and Ros Kane
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.