Visitor Experience Design
Most discussion of visitor experiences uses a behavioural or managerial approach where the way the visitor thinks is ignored - it's a black box. Visitor Experience Design is the first book of its kind to examine best practice in creating and delivering exciting and memorable travel and visitation experiences from a cognitive psychological perspective - it opens the black box.
The chapters draw on recent findings from cognitive psychology, cognitive science and neuroscience to provide a basis for a better understanding of the antecedents of a memorable experience, including:
· The psychological process of the formation or creation of a visitor's experiences
· Psychological aspects of tourism experiences such as attention, emotion, memory and mindfulness
· Pre-stage experience: customer inputs such as knowledge, myths, values and memories from previous travel
· On-site experience: co-creation processes
· Post-stage experience: immediate and long term outcomes including happiness and well-being
· Experience design cases
Tourism, hospitality and event managers seek to provide WOW experiences to their visitors through better design and management.This book encourages the discussion of different facets of experience design such as emotions, attentions, sensations, learning, the process of co-creation and experiential stimuli design.
It will be of interest to tourism researchers and postgraduate students studying tourism management, marketing and product design.
- 2017 CAB International
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.