Completely updated with new content and full-colour figures throughout, the second edition of this successful book continues to provide a comprehensive coverage of pineapple breeding, production and yield. Pineapple is an increasingly important crop and demand for fresh pineapple is steadily growing; stakeholders in the value chain are worldwide. The Pineapple: Botany, Production and Uses provides essential coverage from botany through to postharvest handling and provides the technical information required by all those working with the crop.
The second edition:
- Contains new chapters on organic production and production for other uses (fibre and ornamentals).
- Includes major updates to content on taxonomy, biotechnology, cultural systems, nutrition, varieties and genetic improvement.
- Explores physiological changes associated with the year-round growing of pineapple in addition to the associated cultural practices and mineral nutrition.
- Considers the impacts of climate change and environmental issues on pineapple crops, and relevant mitigation strategies.
- Looks at the effects of new cultivars and technologies on cultural practices and plant nutrition.
Written by an international team of experts, this book is an essential resource for researchers, growers and all those involved in the pineapple industry.
- 2018 CAB International
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.