Management of Animal Care and Use Programs in Research, Education, and Testing
AAP Prose Award Finalist 2018/19
- Offers a revised, updated, and comprehensive first-line management book for those working in animal care and use programs who have the responsibility to ensure the welfare of the animals in the highest quality research environment
- Serves as an indispensable resource text for certification exams and credentialing boards for a multitude of professional societies
- Emphasizes the importance of developing a collaborative culture of care within an animal care and use program and provides information about how behavioral management through animal training can play an integral role in a veterinary health program
- Provides a new section on Environment and Housing, containing chapters that focus on management considerations of housing and enrichment delineated by species
- Expands coverage of regulatory oversight and compliance, assessment, and assurance issues and processes, including a greater discussion of globalization and harmonizing cultural and regulatory issues
- Includes more in-depth treatment throughout the book of critical topics in program management, physical plant, animal health, and husbandry
Biomedical research using animals requires administrators and managers who are knowledgeable and highly skilled. They must adapt to the complexity of rapidly-changing technologies, balance research goals with a thorough understanding of regulatory requirements and guidelines, and know how to work with a multi-generational, multi-cultural workforce.
Management of Animal Care and Use Programs in Research, Education, and Testing, Second Edition is the extensively expanded revision of the popular Management of Laboratory Animal Care and Use Programs book published earlier this century. Following in the footsteps of the first edition, this revision serves as a first line management resource, providing for strong advocacy for advancing quality animal welfare and science worldwide, and continues as a valuable seminal reference for those engaged in all types of programs involving animal care and use. It has more than doubled the number of chapters in the original volume to present a more comprehensive overview of the current breadth and depth of the field with applicability to an international audience. Readers are provided with the latest information and resource and reference material from authors who are noted experts in their field.
Co-publishers on the second edition are: ACLAM (American College of Laboratory Animal Medicine); ECLAM (European College of Laboratory Animal Medicine); IACLAM (International Colleges of Laboratory Animal Medicine); JCLAM (Japanese College of Laboratory Animal Medicine); KCLAM (Korean College of Laboratory Animal Medicine); CALAS (Canadian Association of Laboratory Animal Medicine); LAMA (Laboratory Animal Management Association); and IAT (Institute of Animal Technology).
- 2017 CRC Press
- Book Quality:
- CRC Press
- Date of Addition:
- Animals, Medicine, Nonfiction,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.