Supervising to Inspire Doctoral Researchers
Early careers researchers and academics receive little to no on-going training for providing support to doctoral students. In light of this, this book addresses the needs of prospective and current supervisors of doctoral students, by providing you with guidance on:
• Engaging with the process of selecting researchers and developing reliable expectations,
• Identifying the most effective supervisory style and your role in shaping students&’ skills,
• How you can contribute to your students&’ progress and reflective practices,
• Your role in the final assessment stages, and how your support can extend beyond their studies.
Through a wide range of multidisciplinary case studies, you will find valuable guidance on how to support your students, and be empowered in the process.
- 2020 Pam Denicolo, Dawn Duke and Julie Reeves
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.