Introduction to Education Studies
Education Studies is a broad, multi-disciplinary and rapidly growing field. Introduction to Education Studies has proven itself to be the key text for students of the subject for over a decade, leading readers through the field's key strands, concepts and applications without assuming any prior knowledge.
Bartlett and Burton provide first-time students and those engaged in more advanced aspects of the subject with all the tools that they need to approach Education Studies and also encourage a critical, questioning approach which will put them in good stead for further study and professional practice.
The new edition includes:
* A new chapter on globalisation and international comparative education
* A new companion website featuring online journal articles relating to each chapter
* More guidance on how to critique research
* More 'Reader Reflection' boxes, encouraging students to reflect on their own practice throughout
* A new framework for analysing policy
* New sections within the curriculum and the history of schooling chapters reflecting the latest UK developments
* Complete update of education policy issues
Additional online resources at www.uk.sagepub.com/bartlett3e
Also available are free journal articles accompanying each chapter of the book, enabling discussion and further reading to deepen students knowlege of each chapter subject.
Steve Bartlett is Professor of Education Studies at the University of Wolverhampton.
Diana Burton is Professor of Education and Pro Vice Chancellor at Liverpool John Moores University.
- 2012 Steve Bartlett, Diana M Burton
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.