OpenVPN Cookbook - Second Edition
Discover over 90 practical and exciting recipes that leverage the power of OpenVPN 2.4 to help you obtain a reliable and secure VPN
About This Book
• Master the skills of configuring, managing, and securing your VPN using the latest OpenVPN
• Gain expertise in establishing IPv6 connections and understand PolarSSL using the latest version of OpenVPN
• This book contains enticing recipes about OpenVPN functionalities that cater to mission critical applications
Who This Book Is For
This book is for system administrators who have a basic knowledge of OpenVPN and are eagerly waiting to build, secure, and manage VPNs using the latest version. This book assumes some prior knowledge of TCP/IP networking and OpenVPN and you must have network administration skills to get the most out of this book.
What You Will Learn
• Determine the best type of OpenVPN setup for your networking needs
• Get to grips with the encryption, authentication, and certifications features of OpenSSL.
• Integrate an OpenVPN server into the local IT infrastructure with the scripting features of OpenVPN
• Ease the integration of Windows clients into the VPN using Windows-specific client-side configuration
• Understand the authentication plugins for PAM and LDAP
• Get to know the difference between TUN-style and TAP-style networks and when to use what
• Troubleshoot your VPN setup
• Establish a connection via IPv6 along with demonstrations
OpenVPN provides an extensible VPN framework that has been designed to ease site-specific customization, such as providing the capability to distribute a customized installation package to clients, and supporting alternative authentication methods via OpenVPN's plugin module interface.
This book provides you with many different recipes to help you set up, monitor, and troubleshoot an OpenVPN network. You will learn to configure a scalable, load-balanced VPN server farm that can handle thousands of dynamic connections from incoming VPN clients. You will also get to grips with the encryption, authentication, security, extensibility, and certifications features of OpenSSL.
You will also get an understanding of IPv6 support and will get a demonstration of how to establish a connection via IPv64. This book will explore all the advanced features of OpenVPN and even some undocumented options, covering all the common network setups such as point-to-point networks and multi-client TUN-style and TAP-style networks. Finally, you will learn to manage, secure, and troubleshoot your virtual private networks using OpenVPN 2.4.
Style and approach
This practical, recipe-based book covers the core functionalities of OpenVPN ending with troubleshooting, performance tuning and making the readers inquisitive about the advanced features.
- Derechos de autor:
- 2017 Packt Publishing
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
Audio DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.