Asperger Syndrome and Social Relationships
`This book is essential reading to understand the social abilities of adults with Asperger's syndrome. The contributors each have different personalities and experiences, but together they provide a range of strategies to encourage people with Asperger's syndrome to achieve the social relationships they desire.'
- Professor Tony Attwood
Social interaction among neurotypical people is complex and in many ways illogical. To the person with Asperger Syndrome (AS) it is also woefully unintuitive. In this book, adults with AS discuss social relationships, offer advice and support for others with AS and provide necessary insights into AS perspectives for those working and interacting with them.
The contributors evaluate a range of social contexts and relationship aspects, including:
* online relationships - a worldwide social network based on non-verbal communication,
* the unwritten rules of neurotypical socialising,
* the need for mutual understanding between those with AS and neurotypicals,
* the effects of struggling socially on one's self-esteem and frame of mind, and
* the opportunities provided by social skills workshops or interest groups.
This is essential reading for adults with AS, their family and friends, as well as service providers and other professionals providing support for people with AS in adult life.
- Derechos de autor:
- 2008 Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Book Quality:
- Jessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Addition:
- Nonfiction, Psychology, Self-Help,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
Audio DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.