Paratuberculosis, also referred to as Johne's disease, affects principally cattle, goats, sheep, buffalo, deer and other ruminants. It is common worldwide and responsible for significant economic losses in the ruminant livestock industries. A timely follow up to the first book on Paratuberculosis, this new edition is still the only comprehensive text providing both historical context and the latest developments in the field. Examining the epidemiology of paratuberculosis, the organism that causes the disease, and practical aspects of its diagnosis and control, it also addresses the link between paratuberculosis in the food chain and human health implications, including Crohn's disease. This new edition:
· Builds on a strong foundation to update, streamline and better structure existing chapters with important new developments from the last decade, such as whole genome sequencing and phage-based assays;
· Includes new chapters on the fast-growing field of whole genome based comparative genomics, and the increasing opportunities for disease control in low- and middle-income countries;
· Increases inclusivity by bringing on board new rising star authors from diverse backgrounds to provide international perspectives.
A truly comprehensive, critical reference resource, this book is an essential reference for large animal veterinarians, livestock industry personnel and those involved in the dairy and meat industries, as well as microbiologists, researchers and students in these fields.
- Derechos de autor:
- 2020 CAB International
- Book Quality:
- Date of Addition:
- Animals, Medicine, Nonfiction,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
Audio DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.