Insects as Animal Feed
The global drive towards sustainability and improved animal health means there is a greater need for development of novel functional ingredients for the feed industry. As the requirements for protein for livestock feed and human consumption grows, the use of insect products as animal feed has gained increasing attention.
Covering global production systems of insect protein, oil and chitin, as well as co-products from this industry, this book:
- Considers in-depth nutritional and safety aspects of insects for feed.
- Reviews suitability of insects as feed for different animal species and life stages.
- Examines current knowledge of the value of insect-rearing residues as biofertilizers for crop health.
- Identifies the challenges related to regulation, legislation, consumer perception and acceptance, and commercialization of insects.
- Provides interviews with established and early-stage innovative companies producing insect protein for feed.
Including a focus on practices such as waste valorization, this book takes a holistic look at how insects could contribute to the sustainability of livestock production on a global scale. Providing an up-to-date reference for research scientists, nutritionists, and veterinarians, as well as prospective insect farmers, it will also be of interest to those with a broader curiosity towards climate change, sustainability, and the circular economy.
- Derechos de autor:
- 2021 CAB International
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
Audio DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.