Preventing Money Laundering and Terrorist Financing, Second Edition
Money laundering and terrorist financing undermine the integrity and stability of financial systems and can have a significantly adverse impact on a jurisdiction's economy. Challenges to effective supervision and prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism were exacerbated in the aftermath of the 2008 financial crisis, with financial institutions' need for funds at times undermining vigilance as to the provenance of those funds. As such, supervisors often, and prudently, focused on coping with the crisis.
Since 2009, when the first edition of this handbook was published, challenges to the integrity and stability of financial systems have continued to evolve. Money-laundering and terrorist-financing risks continue to threaten the reputations of financial institutions and entire financial sectors, exposing institutions to the possibility of severe enforcement action by public authorities or the loss of correspondent relationship facilities by their private sector counterparts. This second edition reflects the evolving challenges to the integrity and stability of financial systems, recent trends in enforcement actions by country authorities, and changes to international standards, notably an emphasis on a risk-based approach.
This practical handbook supports the implementation of international standards established by the Financial Action Task Force and other bodies,
* Providing examples of money-laundering and terrorist-financing supervisory frameworks in a range of countries;
* Describing best practices for the supervision and enforcement of money-laundering and terrorist-financing laws and regulations;
* Offering practical advice on how a particular jurisdiction might incorporate enforcement of the laws and regulations on money laundering and terrorist financing into its supervisory framework.
Designed specifically for bank supervisors, this guide will also be of interest to readers working in the areas of finance, corruption prevention, law, accounting, and corporate governance.
- Derechos de autor:
- 2022 International Bank for Reconstruction and Development / The World Bank
- Book Quality:
- World Bank Publications
- Date of Addition:
- Business and Finance, Law, Legal Issues and Ethics, Nonfiction, Politics and Government,
- Usage Restrictions:
- This is a copyrighted book.
Choosing a Book Format
EPUB is the standard publishing format used by many e-book readers including iBooks, Easy Reader, VoiceDream Reader, etc. This is the most popular and widely used format.
Audio DAISY format is used by GoRead, Read2Go and most Kurzweil devices.
Audio (MP3) format is used by audio only devices, such as iPod.
Braille format is used by Braille output devices.
DAISY Audio format works on DAISY compatible players such as Victor Reader Stream.
Accessible Word format can be unzipped and opened in any tool that supports .docx files.